Sunday, August 12, 2007

We're Back and the Work Goes On

The work goes on in our own lives as well as in Thailand. Another group is there carrying on the work of reaching the Chinese people with the Word of God. It is great to think of all that God accomplished while we were there, but even more awesome to think of all that He is doing week in and week out. To further think that this is only one particular ministry and that there are so many others. I have set up a new email to handle blog questions and such, jodyandsteph@sbcglobal.net. I am going to continue posting info that may be of interest related to our first trip to Thailand as well as future trips. This blog is certainly a work in progress so we'll see where it goes. I have commited to lead a men's team in May 2009. I am even more excited about the next one since we kinda know what we are getting into.

Most of all I want to thank the people who were praying for our team and the work we were doing. God showed me the power and importance of prayer in His work during this trip. Every distribution required that half of our manpower was dedicated to prayer. Some prayer walked the area, some prayed while holding signs informing the Chinese of our gifts for them, some prated for God to restrict the cult members nearby. During one of the heavy distributions, it was very difficult to remain on the side praying, but God showed me that praying wasn't the sideline job.

I said at the top that the work goes on in us and that is certainly exciting to me as I seek to see what God is doing all around me. I am more actively looking for what He would have me doing.

Thanks to everyone who has been interested in this trip and I hope that your interest will continue beyond this trip as well.

No comments: