Saturday, April 5, 2008

Meet Sally

This is Sally. I have joined Josh in taking horse riding lessons. My inner 7 year old is overjoyed at this, but my outer 33 year old knows the pain required to learn this new hobby. Sally is a 6 year old who enjoys taking off when I'd rather her walk. She has a slight aversion to going where I intend. Let me say that I am loving it. From cleaning hooves to saddling up, this is as cool as I ever imagined it could be. The first lesson, I made some errors that Josh was quick to point out on the way home. Getting critiqued by my 7 year old was a new, fun experience. He is loving being better at something that his dad.


I long ago gave up the idea of horse riding as a child, but have found out that it isn't too late to try that childhood fantasy after all. I will be able to check this off the "Wish I'd Done List."

Check out http://www.ridingpals.com/ for more info on horse lessons.

No comments: